How to generate avatar from any photo
You can convert any photo/image you want to your steam profile picture easily. Steam profile pictures are nothing special, they are just photos resized to a specific size, so that they can fit the profile picture section. But, you will need to convert and resize your picture to a particular format before using it on steam, otherwise you will loose the aspect ratio and the picture will look really bad.
Follow the below steps in order to generate avatar from photo -
- Open the folder in which you have the photo
- Right click on the photo and click open with -> Paint
- Click on the resize button in the top toolbar.
- Uncheck maintain aspect ratio
- Select pixels and write 184px in both height and width
- Click ok and save the image.
- All done! Now you can use this image as your steam profile picture.
Make sure that the image is in jpeg or png format.